The Student Room Group

What do Universities base their offers on?

For any Scottish students, I'm applying to University this September and and have just sat my Highers. I'm not entirely sure how they went (mixed feelings) and want to know if any predicted grades for my Advanced Higher subjects next year will be sent to universities for them to consider or if they will use my Highers?

I know most universities in Scotland only require Highers. However, I am looking to go outside of Scotland (specifically England).

Thanks!
Original post by engineering06
For any Scottish students, I'm applying to University this September and and have just sat my Highers. I'm not entirely sure how they went (mixed feelings) and want to know if any predicted grades for my Advanced Higher subjects next year will be sent to universities for them to consider or if they will use my Highers?

I know most universities in Scotland only require Highers. However, I am looking to go outside of Scotland (specifically England).

Thanks!

Universities will use whatever information is available to them when making offer decisions. For you that would be your National 4s/5s, Highers and your school's predictions of your performance in your Advanced Highers. They will need to weigh-up the recency vs. accuracy when looking at this information (actual exam results will be more accurate than predictions, but may not reflect any recent change in your performance).

They will also obviously have access to your personal statement and academic reference, although to what extent they value the information therein varies between universities and courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending