The Student Room Group

Withdrew and wanting to apply for a new master's degree but unable to get funding

Hi,

I withdrew from my previous master's degree as I was having problems with my mental health and thought that the course that I did was not for me. I tried to change my degree but was unable to do so and had to reapply for next year having only spent less than 4 months at the university. I tried changing course in November and had also been going to counseling sessions. However, I am not able to get a student loan for the course I am wanting to do this year.

I really want to study this course. What should I do?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Dizzydan015
Hi,

I withdrew from my previous master's degree as I was having problems with my mental health and thought that the course that I did was not for me. I tried to change my degree but was unable to do so and had to reapply for next year having only spent less than 4 months at the university. I tried changing course in November and had also been going to counseling sessions. However, I am not able to get a student loan for the course I am wanting to do this year.

I really want to study this course. What should I do?

Hi there,

If you're looking for funding for another Postgraduate Master's course, it's correct you wouldn't be eligible for finance, as normally it's a 1 time only product.

If you have Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) why you had to withdraw from your previous master's, if you can supply evidence of this, it may be possible to obtain further finance. You would need to complete a new paper application for Postgraduate Master's from our website, and send this with your CPR evidence and a cover letter explaining why you're sending it.

The CPR evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies, and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending