The Student Room Group

Funding

Hi

I stopped my Masters when Covid-19 happened as I couldn’t do virtual learning. I restarted my Masters as a new student in February 23. The university have agreed to carry my first year fee of £8000 over however can I still apply for funding or financial help?

Regards
Original post by Fameeda
Hi

I stopped my Masters when Covid-19 happened as I couldn’t do virtual learning. I restarted my Masters as a new student in February 23. The university have agreed to carry my first year fee of £8000 over however can I still apply for funding or financial help?

Regards

Hi Fameeda,

If you've already received funding from us for a Postgraduate Masters course you wouldn't be eligible for funding for a new course unless you had previously withdrew due to reasons outwith your control and evidence of this. Does this apply to you? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Hi Jason

I withdrew due to Covid-19 and it is the same course MASTERS IN LAW.
I have evidence that I was referred to long Covid clinic for a very long period. The fatigue, aching bones and constant sleeping prevented me from learning online.
Original post by Fameeda
Hi Jason

I withdrew due to Covid-19 and it is the same course MASTERS IN LAW.
I have evidence that I was referred to long Covid clinic for a very long period. The fatigue, aching bones and constant sleeping prevented me from learning online.

Thank you. You may be eligible to receive a second PG Master's Loan, to begin a full new master's course, if you were unable to complete due to Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR). We will require evidence of this and a new paper PGM application form.

If you are awarded CPR you are eligible to receive the full amount, which will be determined on the AY in which your course starts.

This can only be used once. I would advise sending the application form to us along with a cover letter advising why you couldn't complete your course (when this took place) and any evidence along with this. I've attached a link below that explains this in further detail: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Thank you Jason I will get that done

Regards
Fameeda
Original post by Fameeda
Thank you Jason I will get that done

Regards
Fameeda

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending