The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick

Is it possible to get into Warwick through clearing for courses like Law even though you got a rejected offer ?
As in, you applied there and they rejected you already?

Possibly but may depend on the reason for the rejection. If it was due to having weaker predicted grades, and you do better in your actual exams, then it might be possible. If there was another issue that won't be remedied between now and results day then less likely.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
As in, you applied there and they rejected you already?

Possibly but may depend on the reason for the rejection. If it was due to having weaker predicted grades, and you do better in your actual exams, then it might be possible. If there was another issue that won't be remedied between now and results day then less likely.

Not sure why I was rejected, I’m predicted 3 A*’s and everything including personal statement was to a good standard I’d say. I was wondering if I were to call up the Uni I’d be let in since naturally people would miss their offers
Original post by whipped-twirl
Not sure why I was rejected, I’m predicted 3 A*’s and everything including personal statement was to a good standard I’d say. I was wondering if I were to call up the Uni I’d be let in since naturally people would miss their offers

I mean, that would only be possible if they actually had law in clearing. If they don't, there's no point calling to ask about it.

In any event, that makes me wonder if you missed another requirement e.g. a GCSE grade requirement in maths or English language or something similar. Normally GCSE requirements are "hard" requirements so if you don't meet the requirement and aren't retaking that would probably be an automatic rejection.
Reply 4
I mean, that would only be possible if they actually had law in clearing. If they don't, there's no point calling to ask about it.

In any event, that makes me wonder if you missed another requirement e.g. a GCSE grade requirement in maths or English language or something similar. Normally GCSE requirements are "hard" requirements so if you don't meet the requirement and aren't retaking that would probably be an automatic rejection.

Is there a way to know if Law is in clearing or do I have to wait until the clearing window. But if you think it isn’t likely let me know please, I’m honestly just seeing if theres a second chance without me having to take a gap year

As for my GCSE’s I achieved 997777766, do you think that’d be a big enough reason for rejection ? But both 9s were in English Lit and Language and the 7 in Maths
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by whipped-twirl
Is there a way to know if Law is in clearing or do I have to wait until the clearing window. But if you think it isn’t likely let me know please, I’m honestly just seeing if theres a second chance without me having to take a gap year

As for my GCSE’s I achieved 997777766, do you think that’d be a big enough reason for rejection ? But both 9s were in English Lit and Language and the 7 in Maths

You'll know if it's in clearing once they list it on their clearing site! This may not be until results day though.

In any case, I doubt there were any issues with the GCSE requirements then - those are normally minimum requirements for e.g. a 5 in English language (and often maths).

I'd recommend asking for feedback on the rejection if you haven't had it already. Ultimately if it is in clearing no harm in calling up to ask though if you are going through clearing otherwise :smile:
Reply 6
You'll know if it's in clearing once they list it on their clearing site! This may not be until results day though.

In any case, I doubt there were any issues with the GCSE requirements then - those are normally minimum requirements for e.g. a 5 in English language (and often maths).

I'd recommend asking for feedback on the rejection if you haven't had it already. Ultimately if it is in clearing no harm in calling up to ask though if you are going through clearing otherwise :smile:

Thank you you’ve been extremely helpful !!

Quick Reply

Latest