Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Shared accommodation

Hi I was just wondering if shared accommodation is mixed gender
Original post by Elpollohermano
Hi I was just wondering if shared accommodation is mixed gender

Hiya

If you're referring to college accommodation, then yes most of it tends to be mixed-gender. However, colleges are able to accommodate your request for a single-gender flat if they receive enough requests. Eg: if 6 girls request a single-gender flat, then the college can constitute one. You'd be able to note this preference when the room preference forms come out.

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

If you're referring to college accommodation, then yes most of it tends to be mixed-gender. However, colleges are able to accommodate your request for a single-gender flat if they receive enough requests. Eg: if 6 girls request a single-gender flat, then the college can constitute one. You'd be able to note this preference when the room preference forms come out.

-Himieka

Hi I was referring to actual shared rooms unless that is what you meant
Original post by Elpollohermano
Hi I was referring to actual shared rooms unless that is what you meant

Oh I see. I was referring to shared flats, but most of the shared rooms I've seen tend to be between the same gender- again they send out a preference form for that so they can pair you up with someone who matches your lifestyle.

-Himieka
Reply 4
Shared rooms are the same gender. My son shares a room and it had been Brill for him. He admits himself he wouldn't have put himself out there, or made as many friends as he would have done if he wasn't sharing. You fill in a questionnaire to match you up before you get there, and although my son and his room mate are on very different courses and have different interests, they get on very well. And importantly go to sleep and get up at similar times

Quick Reply

Latest