The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University BTEC engineering entry

Hi, I want to apply for electronic engineering (Beng) for 2024. The equivalent extended BTEC grade would be DMM (A-level ABB equivalent). With the partners programme, could I get in with MPP (A-level BCC equivalent).
Original post by QuestionAsker27
Hi, I want to apply for electronic engineering (Beng) for 2024. The equivalent extended BTEC grade would be DMM (A-level ABB equivalent). With the partners programme, could I get in with MPP (A-level BCC equivalent).

Hi @QuestionAsker27

Thank you for your interest in studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Newcastle University

Applicants studying a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma/OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma will be considered for Foundation Year entry. For our Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Foundation Year BEng Honours programme for 2023 entry the entry requirements for applicants eligible for PARTNERS are:

Overall DMM in an engineering or science discipline, to include a minimum of Merit in mathematical and analytical science units. GCSE Mathematics required at minimum grade B or 6.

The PARTNERS Programme is Newcastle University’s supported entry route. To take advantage of the lower PARTNERS offer, applicants must put Newcastle University as their firm choice and successfully complete the PARTNERS Academic Summer School. To participate in PARTNERS, applicants must meet all of the Essential Conditions and any one of the Eligibility Criteria. Please note that this criteria is for 2023 entry only, and will be updated this September for 2024 entry.

Hana
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending