The Student Room Group

Law

I currently study a level sociology, English language an EPQ in law and btec applied science I was wondering if my btec will hold me back from applying to russel group unis like Newcastle or York
Depends what subject you want to do. In general probably not an absolute barrier (or even at all potentially for some courses).

If you want to do theoretical physics then yes, your combination of subjects may not be ideal. If you wanted to do linguistics or something then probably not really a big issue I'd think?
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Depends what subject you want to do. In general probably not an absolute barrier (or even at all potentially for some courses).

If you want to do theoretical physics then yes, your combination of subjects may not be ideal. If you wanted to do linguistics or something then probably not really a big issue I'd think?

I forgot to state that I’m applying for law do you think it will affect that
Original post by Lily potter
I currently study a level sociology, English language an EPQ in law and btec applied science I was wondering if my btec will hold me back from applying to russel group unis like Newcastle or York

Hi @Lily potter

For our Law LLB Honours programme, we do consider BTEC's for entry onto the course. They are considered on an individual basis, and you can contact us directly to check whether you would be eligible to apply for our Law programme with the qualifications that you are currently taking. Please provide information on all of your current qualifications through our Enquiry Form and our Undergraduate Admissions Team will be able to advise you further.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott
I forgot to state that I’m applying for law do you think it will affect that

The BTEC is probably not the best preparation for a very academic course like law but unis are usually happy to consider them in combination with a levels.

Hi there

I think that your courses should not affect your application for a law degree. I would recommend having a look at the entry requirements of the specific Universities, they should be fine. :smile:

I think trying your best to get good grades and accumulating work experience will boost your application. (Work experience could be legal or non-legal, as both would give you transferrable skills) :smile:

Hope this helps.
Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending