The Student Room Group

dentistry

hi if i choose maths , econ and chemistry so a level would i be able to get into dentistry
Reply 1
Original post by sejjj
hi if i choose maths , econ and chemistry so a level would i be able to get into dentistry

i am not in a level but why not biology as a level , just curious :smile:
Reply 2
Yes you can , look at each specific university’s requirements though . Some may want biology . For example you could apply to Bristol or KCL with those a levels however you wouldn’t be able to apply to Newcastle or Leeds . These are just some examples and it’s not definitive . Do your own research . Good luck !
Reply 3
Original post by Alm_xo
i am not in a level but why not biology as a level , just curious :smile:

well im not sure if i would be able to do biology as i got a 6 in it in the mock and in chemistry and maths got 7,8 and wasnt sure would i be able to cope with biologychemsitry and maths as many say its quite hard?
Reply 4
Original post by sejjj
well im not sure if i would be able to do biology as i got a 6 in it in the mock and in chemistry and maths got 7,8 and wasnt sure would i be able to cope with biologychemsitry and maths as many say its quite hard?

I am interested in pursuing a career in medicine, but I have noticed that most applicants choose to study biology, chemistry, and usually math as well. I am not very familiar with A-levels, but I have heard that these three subjects are considered essential for medicine aspirants. Personally, I think that biology is particularly important since medicine is all about understanding the nature of the human body. If I were in your position, I would consider studying biology.
(if biology is not a required A-level subject, please do not hold me accountable.)
Original post by sejjj

all you really need is chem and bio, third subject is your choice. i did chem bio maths at a level and got no med offers. retook all subjects and switched maths for business and currently holding offers !! make it easier for yourself and only pick bio and chem and an essay based subject. in exam season you’ll usually be done w the essay based subject before u start chem and bio, giving u more time to revise
Reply 6
Original post by sejjj
Probably

Quick Reply

Latest