The Student Room Group

Should I do it??

Hey all so I had an interview today for a data analyst internship with tech way placements. They've offered me it for 3 months but have to pay £395 to do it. She said that it a minimum of 10 hrs a week and I'll have a tutor who'll send me work to do and give me a deadline to do it. She didn't say which company I'll be working for or tell me exactly what I'll be doing like which programming language I'll be using. But she said that help me get a job at the end of it. Iv been unemployed for a yr now but iv just started doing a web development volunteering job with a company called take back your mind but it's not guaranteed that I'll get a job out of it either. So should I do it or not?? Or just carry on doing this volunteering job or not?? Iv done internships before but didn't get a job out of it. Has anyone here done it before and can tell me what it's like??
Reply 1
Not going to lie, sounds like a scam
Reply 2
This 'company' is a scam, do not give them any money.
how do u know? did u do it? I didn't do it in the end
I don't think you should pay anything to them, it totally seems scam. Research first and then take steps. Or simply go for some other company that doesn't make you pay(unless it's valid).
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Hey all so I had an interview today for a data analyst internship with tech way placements. They've offered me it for 3 months but have to pay £395 to do it. She said that it a minimum of 10 hrs a week and I'll have a tutor who'll send me work to do and give me a deadline to do it. She didn't say which company I'll be working for or tell me exactly what I'll be doing like which programming language I'll be using. But she said that help me get a job at the end of it. Iv been unemployed for a yr now but iv just started doing a web development volunteering job with a company called take back your mind but it's not guaranteed that I'll get a job out of it either. So should I do it or not?? Or just carry on doing this volunteering job or not?? Iv done internships before but didn't get a job out of it. Has anyone here done it before and can tell me what it's like??

Hello, did you get that job? Fashionweekinternjob is a SCAM. Don't send them any money. My daughter sent them 1000 Dollars and never hear anything from them again.
Original post by Harryw007
Not going to lie, sounds like a scam

It is a big SCAM!!!!
Reply 7
Original post by cherlloydfan1
how do u know? did u do it? I didn't do it in the end

Sorry for the late reply. I applied for an entry level role for a fake company that turned out to be this one you stated. They said I lack experience but could benefit from this programme. They seem to just take advantage of desperate graduates like ourselves. There are posts on Reddit and TSR that also mention that this programme isn’t worth the money and that you don’t really gain much after it ends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending