The Student Room Group

Do Btec level 3 coursework get sent to Pearson at the end of the school vear?

I'm just wondering if my coursework is gonna be graded differently to how my teacher marked it. I do construction and the built environment Level 3. I've been sampled before. But does any coursework get sent outside of my school at the end of the year? Or is it just grades being sent from the teachers to Pearson?
Original post by Parallex0101
I'm just wondering if my coursework is gonna be graded differently to how my teacher marked it. I do construction and the built environment Level 3. I've been sampled before. But does any coursework get sent outside of my school at the end of the year? Or is it just grades being sent from the teachers to Pearson?

All coursework is marked by your teacher and then a selection is double checked by another teacher / Head of department to make sure they are being marked correctly. Between January and May each year Pearson allocate an external Standards verifier who then checks a number of learners for a number of units. If they agree with all of the marks awarded by the teachers, then these marks stand. If they disagree, then all learners have to make changes and the work is remarked and re-sampled. All final grades are then sent to Pearson by the 5th July. Therefore nothing else will be sampled / checked this year at this stage.
Reply 2
Original post by bamtutor
All coursework is marked by your teacher and then a selection is double checked by another teacher / Head of department to make sure they are being marked correctly. Between January and May each year Pearson allocate an external Standards verifier who then checks a number of learners for a number of units. If they agree with all of the marks awarded by the teachers, then these marks stand. If they disagree, then all learners have to make changes and the work is remarked and re-sampled. All final grades are then sent to Pearson by the 5th July. Therefore nothing else will be sampled / checked this year at this stage.

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending