The Student Room Group

cant stop procrastinating ..

any tips on how to stop procrastinating?? am literally stuck in this cycle of putting off revising weeks before an exam, until suddenly its the day before the exam and im panicking and trying to cram all the information into my head. end up doing badly/mediocre on it and feel guilty abt it. cycle repeats. honestly i just get distracted very easily and i know i have potential to do so much better, if it wasnt for this problem
Reply 1
Listen to David Goggins. He'll definitely change your perspective.

Just a tease: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT9GyFEql2Y&ab_channel=DRIVEN
Original post by pixiebloomii
any tips on how to stop procrastinating?? am literally stuck in this cycle of putting off revising weeks before an exam, until suddenly its the day before the exam and im panicking and trying to cram all the information into my head. end up doing badly/mediocre on it and feel guilty abt it. cycle repeats. honestly i just get distracted very easily and i know i have potential to do so much better, if it wasnt for this problem

hey that was literally me a year ago but i started using a pomodoro timer like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZotMw2zb0 these can help if u have a short tension span
study with me vids help too cuz u feel bad when u see the person on ur screen working while youve been staring at the wall for the past 10 mins
and lastly, if u have a friend who is very motivated, u guys can study on facetime with ur mics on mute so u guys can tell each other off if any of u get distracted. also finding the time ur the most productive really helps.
i hope u could use these tips
Original post by pixiebloomii

Hi @pixiebloomii I know how this feels I used to do the exact same thing. What I would recommend is creating a timetable planning each day out and what you want to complete in that day. This will help you approach the topics systematically. As well as this I would try to create a to do list for each subject this will allow you to cover all topics and then you can see what topics you need to work on further. How this helps!
Gurpej Kaur (Student Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending