The Student Room Group

Would this be considered plagiarism?

One of the ways I've been revising for the iGCSE English Literature written exam is by reading exemplar essays and using them to help me come up with my plans for my own essays. I add on my own ideas sometimes but I'm just wondering that if the examiner noticed my essay had a similar structure and some analysis was similar to the exemplars available online, I would be failed or something? Is it considered plagiarism? I'm not memorising the essays word for word, just using them as an inspiration.
Reply 1
Original post by scar-the-queen
One of the ways I've been revising for the iGCSE English Literature written exam is by reading exemplar essays and using them to help me come up with my plans for my own essays. I add on my own ideas sometimes but I'm just wondering that if the examiner noticed my essay had a similar structure and some analysis was similar to the exemplars available online, I would be failed or something? Is it considered plagiarism? I'm not memorising the essays word for word, just using them as an inspiration.

You won't be, many teachers give out example essays as a form of revision with the expectation that you will use it's structure. Unless you have an exam with the exact same question as your example and you copy it word for word then you will be fine.
Original post by B3((a
You won't be, many teachers give out example essays as a form of revision with the expectation that you will use it's structure. Unless you have an exam with the exact same question as your example and you copy it word for word then you will be fine.

Great, thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending