The Student Room Group

Financial help whilst studying access to he diploma

Hi, I’m hoping to start an access to he course (nursing and midwifery) in sept. I currently work 30hours so would need to drop hours to attend college. Is there any financial aid available? I’ve checked for universal credits etc but because it’s 14 hours it’s classed as full time and I can’t claim any help with them. I will be working 15 hrs a week. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Original post by Ellynoonoo
Hi, I’m hoping to start an access to he course (nursing and midwifery) in sept. I currently work 30hours so would need to drop hours to attend college. Is there any financial aid available? I’ve checked for universal credits etc but because it’s 14 hours it’s classed as full time and I can’t claim any help with them. I will be working 15 hrs a week. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Have you considerd the Advanced Learner's Loan?

If you haven't done a degree before, you can technically get student finance to pay for your course and possibly get it for free if you do the degree immediately afterwards.

I don't know enough about your situation to comment otherwise.
Reply 2
Original post by Ellynoonoo

My college offered bursaries for travel/childcare if needed, might be something to look into?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending