The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Are there any other neurodivergent people coming to Bath?

I'm autistic, and I'm wondering if there are any other neurodivergent people planning on studying in Bath, so I can meet up with some people like me.
Follow-up question: Is anyone else a fan of Invader Zim? (it's a show)
Reply 1
Original post by oatmeal_cereal
I'm autistic, and I'm wondering if there are any other neurodivergent people planning on studying in Bath, so I can meet up with some people like me.

What are you studying? Also are you planning on taking part in the program, icr the name, for autistic students?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Andi.0k
What are you studying? Also are you planning on taking part in the program, icr the name, for autistic students?

Also I was a SpongeBob kid
Original post by Andi.0k

ill be studying comp sci with ai, also i havent heard of any program with autistic students, so i may have to look into that
Original post by Andi.0k
Also I was a SpongeBob kid

oh yeah, spongebob is a great show, lowkey binge watched it during quarantine
Reply 5
oh yeah, spongebob is a great show, lowkey binge watched it during quarantine

ill be studying comp sci with ai, also i havent heard of any program with autistic students, so i may have to look into that

A current student told me about it. Have you had an appointment with a disability advisor at bath bc mine said he would refer me for some stuff that could help :-)
There is also a social club for autistic students
Original post by Andi.0k
A current student told me about it. Have you had an appointment with a disability advisor at bath bc mine said he would refer me for some stuff that could help :-)
There is also a social club for autistic students

im just reading up on the autism social group now, and that seems like something id like to be in. also i havent been able to talk to any advisor yet since im not a current student, but ill make sure i try to talk to someone asap.
Reply 9
im just reading up on the autism social group now, and that seems like something id like to be in. also i havent been able to talk to any advisor yet since im not a current student, but ill make sure i try to talk to someone asap.

Are you diagnosed with autism? I'm not a current student either but bc of my medical evidence I was able to get one. I'd recommend also applying for accommodation early because you can get an ensuite if your autistic
Original post by Andi.0k
Are you diagnosed with autism? I'm not a current student either but bc of my medical evidence I was able to get one. I'd recommend also applying for accommodation early because you can get an ensuite if your autistic

i am diagnosed, also ensuite accommodation types are kinda out of my budget, so i cant rly go for them
ill just hope i can come to some arrangement with potential flatmates over the shower situation
Reply 11
i am diagnosed, also ensuite accommodation types are kinda out of my budget, so i cant rly go for them
ill just hope i can come to some arrangement with potential flatmates over the shower situation

You might be able to get some money to help with it but I'm not sure. I need to ask about that too because I'm also quite broke :-/

Hopefully it will work out for you though!
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest