The Student Room Group

No band 5 roles

Hello! I’m an allied hcp and due to qualify. Keen to work in the nhs and have waited till very close till I qualify (next week) but no band 5 roles have come up that are within a distance I can work in.

Has anyone else had this experience? Should I just apply for a job to keep me going and continue checking my profession meanwhile?
If you're limiting the area you can work in geographically then depending where that is, it might be that they have all the relevant positions filled. So you might need to make alternative plans in the meantime if there is no flexibility in that.

I would be surprised if there weren't any positions available elsewhere in the NHS however, so if you do have flexibility in moving then I'd recommend looking at other areas and consider what it might be like to live there :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
If you're limiting the area you can work in geographically then depending where that is, it might be that they have all the relevant positions filled. So you might need to make alternative plans in the meantime if there is no flexibility in that.

I would be surprised if there weren't any positions available elsewhere in the NHS however, so if you do have flexibility in moving then I'd recommend looking at other areas and consider what it might be like to live there :smile:

Hi there thanks for replying!

I can cover quite a large area, 3 districts which spans around 50 miles as I’m a carer for my disabled son, he has an ehcp and has specific needs, hence why my area is limited to 50 miles! Though it still covers quite a lot of nhs trusts here :smile:
Original post by Apinchofsaltxx
Hi there thanks for replying!

I can cover quite a large area, 3 districts which spans around 50 miles as I’m a carer for my disabled son, he has an ehcp and has specific needs, hence why my area is limited to 50 miles! Though it still covers quite a lot of nhs trusts here :smile:

It may be necessary to look at other roles (potentially in the same department(s) you'd be working in as an HCP) in the meantime so you have something lined up, while keeping an eye out for anything else. If you do end up working in the same department you might be working in as an HCP if there was a role available, you might also be able to find out sooner if there's likely to be an opening at least too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending