The Student Room Group

economics a level revising content

what methods do you guys usually use to memorise and recall all the economics content? I have a month left till mocks and weve finished all of aqa AS and im making flashcards but i feel like its so time consuming. i wonder if theres any other more efficient method?

im scared a month wont be enough to revise everything properly
Reply 1
Original post by someguy22
what methods do you guys usually use to memorise and recall all the economics content? I have a month left till mocks and weve finished all of aqa AS and im making flashcards but i feel like its so time consuming. i wonder if theres any other more efficient method?

im scared a month wont be enough to revise everything properly

Personally, I'm good with memorising content, especially when along the year you understand what you've been taught. It's best if you have notes that you have made yourself during class to memorise from as you can understand your own notes, if you don't maybe find resources online such as PhysicsandMaths tutor?
I usually create my own quizlet for each themes (Edexcel) to memorise vocabularies as I find that if I understand the main important words, it's easier to understand the entire chapter as a whole.

Some people prefer to skip the memorising bit and jump straight to doing past papers so they can get to know question types. So it really depends on which way of revision you would prefer.
Reply 2
Original post by EleaB
Personally, I'm good with memorising content, especially when along the year you understand what you've been taught. It's best if you have notes that you have made yourself during class to memorise from as you can understand your own notes, if you don't maybe find resources online such as PhysicsandMaths tutor?
I usually create my own quizlet for each themes (Edexcel) to memorise vocabularies as I find that if I understand the main important words, it's easier to understand the entire chapter as a whole.

Some people prefer to skip the memorising bit and jump straight to doing past papers so they can get to know question types. So it really depends on which way of revision you would prefer.

really?? thats strange. im surprised that people can just jump straight to the papers without having revised all the actual content first
Reply 3
really?? thats strange. im surprised that people can just jump straight to the papers without having revised all the actual content first

What I meant was that they do revise the content, but mainly understanding it without really trying to memorise them. As long as you understand the syllabus, honestly you're 60% good to go. Even if you don't manage to memorise everything, if you understand the concept you can still muddle your way through your knowledge and analysis. Obviously that's not ideal, but if you have less than a month and not the particularly good at memorising type, then maybe looking at papers and mark schemes can give you a general idea of how to deal with papers.
Obviously do the papers yourself and leave them for your teachers to mark to see whether you are hitting all the necessary points to score a high level.
Reply 4
Original post by EleaB
What I meant was that they do revise the content, but mainly understanding it without really trying to memorise them. As long as you understand the syllabus, honestly you're 60% good to go. Even if you don't manage to memorise everything, if you understand the concept you can still muddle your way through your knowledge and analysis. Obviously that's not ideal, but if you have less than a month and not the particularly good at memorising type, then maybe looking at papers and mark schemes can give you a general idea of how to deal with papers.
Obviously do the papers yourself and leave them for your teachers to mark to see whether you are hitting all the necessary points to score a high level.

Hi, I did my a level economics a level last year and got an A in it. My advice for you would be to first plan what your point is before you write anything. Once u know your point and what you want to say, revise the analysis for that point. You do that by understanding the chains of reasoning ie this leads to that which leads to that etc. I used to revise that by doing flow diagrams. If you could, deffo add a diagram in where it makes sense. Sometimes you don’t need to memorise certain data for application either cuz you would get them either from literally copying the data or extracts or your diagram. And if you added the diagram in, it means u don’t need to add an additional point in which in my opinion saves valuable time in the exams. I hope this helps.
Reply 5
Original post by C69
Hi, I did my a level economics a level last year and got an A in it. My advice for you would be to first plan what your point is before you write anything. Once u know your point and what you want to say, revise the analysis for that point. You do that by understanding the chains of reasoning ie this leads to that which leads to that etc. I used to revise that by doing flow diagrams. If you could, deffo add a diagram in where it makes sense. Sometimes you don’t need to memorise certain data for application either cuz you would get them either from literally copying the data or extracts or your diagram. And if you added the diagram in, it means u don’t need to add an additional point in which in my opinion saves valuable time in the exams. I hope this helps.

thank you for your advice. i'll try your methods out.
Reply 6
Original post by EleaB

I see. thank you for the advice, I'll try to focus on understanding the content & practicing then
Reply 7
thank you for your advice. i'll try your methods out.

No problem, once u revise it, you realise u can use that same chain of analysis for answering loads of questions.
Reply 8
Original post by C69

Yes my teacher often recommends to draw a flow chart to summarise the content easily.
Usually you want to know disadvantages/advantages, cause, policies to tackle it, evaluation.
Reply 9
Original post by EleaB

hello!! ik its been a while since youve replied to this thread but is it okay if you could share your quizlet? im a yr12 taking edexcel econ and im struggling with resources so it would be greatly appreciated..
thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest