The Student Room Group

Do they raise predicted A level grades

Every school is different but in general do they raise the grade you get in Y12 end of year exam for your predicted grades?

In English, I've gotten mostly Bs in the year but also an A and an A*. If I got a B in the end of year would there be a chance of it getting raised to an A? Again, I know all schools and teachers are different I just want a general opinion.
Original post by mymelo
Every school is different but in general do they raise the grade you get in Y12 end of year exam for your predicted grades?

In English, I've gotten mostly Bs in the year but also an A and an A*. If I got a B in the end of year would there be a chance of it getting raised to an A? Again, I know all schools and teachers are different I just want a general opinion.

The phrase UCAS use is that predicted grades should be "aspirational but achievable". I've also seen one local school using the phrase "optimistic but realistic".

If you've achieved "mostly Bs in the year", then a realistic / achievable predicted grade would be B. Whether you school decided that predicting you with an A grade would be aspirational / optimistic (given that you have also achieved "an A and an A*" this year) is impossible to determine, unfortunately.

I suspect it may depend on your end-of-year exams. If that was a B too, it might make it difficult for them to predict an A. (UCAS say that predictions should be data-driven: "you should look at past Level 2 and Level 3 performance, and/or internal examinations to inform your predictions").

Quick Reply

Latest