The Student Room Group

Do you get 0 marks for not using a local place in an essay question

Hi people, my first time posting here, hopefully everyone's geography exam went well today.

I just realised I use a case study of Tohoku on the hazards 20 mark essay at the end where it asked for a 'local' place to be used and I used a region. I made some good points and then realised after that I hadn't used a valid local place.

Tried to check some mark schemes but can't seem to find out whether or not you either get 0 marks or are capped for not properly using a local place. Not sure if anyone here happened to know or have a say or opinion on it?

Cheers
Euan
Original post by euanc3011
Hi people, my first time posting here, hopefully everyone's geography exam went well today.

I just realised I use a case study of Tohoku on the hazards 20 mark essay at the end where it asked for a 'local' place to be used and I used a region. I made some good points and then realised after that I hadn't used a valid local place.

Tried to check some mark schemes but can't seem to find out whether or not you either get 0 marks or are capped for not properly using a local place. Not sure if anyone here happened to know or have a say or opinion on it?

Cheers
Euan

Which exam board are you taking? Might be better off asking your question in the exam chat that I can send over to you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Evil Homer
Which exam board are you taking? Might be better off asking your question in the exam chat that I can send over to you :smile:
AQA, thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by euanc3011
Thanks so much!

You're welcome, hope you get your question answered! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest