The Student Room Group

submitted the same assignment twice and its been graded twice

So I had two assignments due on the same day/time, and I don't know how I didn't see that I submitted the same one twice ALL THE WAY up until it has been graded.

I have set up a meeting with my lecturer, and I'm going to have to tell the course convenor and I don't know what is going to happen. Will I get a 0? Will I be able to resubmit later?

Just to be clear, it has been graded by both lecturers. I only realised I submitted it again to the other module after he has graded and gave feedback. I don't know how he didn't realise it's not for his class. He didn't even give me a bad grade.

But obviously I can't leave it, otherwise if someone or the system finds out later it will be way worse right?

I am devastated, I don't know how I let this happen when I checked like four times to see I submitted the right assignment. Even after I submitted I checked. I honestly thought it was a computer glitch at first because there is no way I made that mistake. I'm always careful. But even the name of the file shows that it was the essay for the other module, so it was definitely me.

I'm praying I can resubmit and have it capped at 50 (i'm a postgrad).
Reply 1
This is kind of unique and I think it's pretty clear, or so it seems from what you've said, that there is no ill intent. I know at postgrad we basically wrote our own research questions for each unit, so wildly different papers would not necessarily have rang alarm bells for markers. Just flag it up and be transparent, I can't really see anything awful resulting from this.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
This is kind of unique and I think it's pretty clear, or so it seems from what you've said, that there is no ill intent. I know at postgrad we basically wrote our own research questions for each unit, so wildly different papers would not necessarily have rang alarm bells for markers. Just flag it up and be transparent, I can't really see anything awful resulting from this.

You're right - it was marked in the first place because we made up our own essay questions for this module.

Do you think its more likely that they'll mark me a 0 instead of letting me resubmit (with a capped mark)?
Because I'm so panicked and upset right now, I can't look at the situation with a clear head and I feel like they won't let me resubmit.
Reply 3
Original post by MilkSlice
You're right - it was marked in the first place because we made up our own essay questions for this module.

Do you think its more likely that they'll mark me a 0 instead of letting me resubmit (with a capped mark)?
Because I'm so panicked and upset right now, I can't look at the situation with a clear head and I feel like they won't let me resubmit.

I don't really want to get your hopes up about it and all that but I'd be hopeful that given it's a mistake, they'd just allow a retake or whatever. I'd do that if it were me marking it, I doubt I'd even go through formal channels to be totally honest.

But I can't speak for everyone, and I really can't predict things - sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending