The Student Room Group

HELP

Currently failing my A levels yet I still want to go to Uni and get a good job in medicine/healthcare and do well but my teachers are so unhelpful and my parents are so rigid, idk what to do?? do i retake Y12? Do i become an apprentice?? I have really bad anxiety as well someone help plsss
Reply 1
Are you year 12 or 13. If its the latter honestly i would advise you to personally retake the exams and then use those grades to reapply. If you are in year 12 then use this summer to the best of your ability. I do not know what subjects you are doing but find some teachers on youtube that you can use to go through all topics then do the normal exam practice questions on them so you know the mark scheme, i do not know what else to advise. Have the best of luck, hopefully it all gets sorted out.
Reply 2
Original post by Nat16.
Are you year 12 or 13. If its the latter honestly i would advise you to personally retake the exams and then use those grades to reapply. If you are in year 12 then use this summer to the best of your ability. I do not know what subjects you are doing but find some teachers on youtube that you can use to go through all topics then do the normal exam practice questions on them so you know the mark scheme, i do not know what else to advise. Have the best of luck, hopefully it all gets sorted out.

I'm in year 12, I'm doing bio, chem and psychology. Thanks for the advice, but we've just had mocks and I'm not confident that i've done well, also if we do badly then our head of year will arrange a meeting with parents to see what to do, but my parents will be adamant to keep me where i am and with those subjects..
Reply 3
Yea see chemistry was never a subject i liked, i admire your courage to pick it. Theres always space and time for improvement, i tell myself that everyday, so even if you do not get the grades you desire or have surpassed your expectations i suggest use "save my exams" if you really wish to invest in anything invest in that. Make flashcards online/whatever way helps as they follow the specification of each exam board thouroughly. Trust me when i say it helps, i use it and it sorts out past paper questions on each topic with the level of difficulty you wish to do. So this summer it may be something you wish to consider doing. Good luck, i hope all goes well
Reply 4
Look for an apprenticeship - you can always retake A levels/go to Uni at another stage in your life
- https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/study-and-training/nhs-apprenticeships

Quick Reply

Latest