The Student Room Group

is resitting y12 a bad idea

my y12 end of years have gone pretty bad and i am beginning to think about if looking into redoing y12 is a good idea (with the same subjects)
will it put me at a disadvantage in uni applications?
Reply 1
Original post by mymelo
my y12 end of years have gone pretty bad and i am beginning to think about if looking into redoing y12 is a good idea (with the same subjects)

which subjects?
Original post by mymelo

I was in the exact same position a few years ago and I decided to not resit year 12 and just work harder in year 13-
It didn't work well for me, I was so caught up with year 13 content that I couldn't keep up with the harder year 13 stuff.
I didn't do well in my final a-levels and ended up re-taking year 13 basically and re-doing my alevels.
However everyone is different, it truly depends on your scenario and if you think you can keep up in year 13 because I have also seen loads of success stories.
It depends what you are applying for but I don't think it would put you at a disadvantage as it is very common

Quick Reply

Latest