The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds uni accomodation

What is the most sociable university of Leeds accomodation for first years.
Avoid dev
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by mljackson

one of my friends applied to henry price - shes very social and apparently so is that accom. i went for a less social one (i think anyway) as id prefer being able to sleep at night and what the accomodation looked like was more important to me
Reply 3
I’m just about to finish 1st year, and I stayed at Charles Morris.

Pros
- very social accom
- close to everything (didn’t have to walk more than 10 mins to any lecture)
- the layout of kitchens on each floor means it’s easy to meet people from other kitchens (good if you don’t get on with your flat)
- 24hour reception most of the time

Cons
- expensive
- key fob used to get into room and kitchen- easily lost at 4am after a night out- but does make it safer

Anyway, hope this helped if you haven’t already applied.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mljackson

A lot of people tend to say avoid Devonshire if you want somewhere social but I completely disagree. I've just finished my year at devs and I couldn't have chosen somewhere better for the social aspect. They put on the most events out of any accommodation, I was on the committee at devs this year we did stuff like an outdoor cinema, blind date game show, dog therapy, Christmas quiz, sports day to name a few. There is always something going on. The biggest reason people avoid devs is because it has an 11pm noise curfew but honestly this didn't bother me throughout my time there. As someone who goes out a lot, I was worried about this but it was absolutely fine. We generally held pres in our kitchen a couple times a week with about 40 people. Whilst, yes, this isn't allowed, at 11 when the warden is walking round you just close the windows for a bit and by 12 people are going out anyway. Please let me know if you have any questions, but I really recommend devs.
Reply 5
Original post by Lewis3726
I’m just about to finish 1st year, and I stayed at Charles Morris.

Pros
- very social accom
- close to everything (didn’t have to walk more than 10 mins to any lecture)
- the layout of kitchens on each floor means it’s easy to meet people from other kitchens (good if you don’t get on with your flat)
- 24hour reception most of the time

Cons
- expensive
- key fob used to get into room and kitchen- easily lost at 4am after a night out- but does make it safer

Anyway, hope this helped if you haven’t already applied.

Hi,

What would you say about the differences between catered and self-catered at Charles Morris? What is the refectory like?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest