The Student Room Group

Course requirements with my btec

So I currently do BTEC level 3 extended diploma in film and tv. I’m uni I have been thinking about studying criminology as I have lost the passion for film. I looked online at a lot of the unis and there doesn’t appear to be any specific requirements. I could switch to do a levels next year but that would mean being a year behind my peers who will be going to uni and I wouldn’t be able to go to uni until I’m 19. I’m doing well on the course and think I would meet the grade requirements. What should I do?
Original post by The student Dan
So I currently do BTEC level 3 extended diploma in film and tv. I’m uni I have been thinking about studying criminology as I have lost the passion for film. I looked online at a lot of the unis and there doesn’t appear to be any specific requirements. I could switch to do a levels next year but that would mean being a year behind my peers who will be going to uni and I wouldn’t be able to go to uni until I’m 19. I’m doing well on the course and think I would meet the grade requirements. What should I do?

Hey! :smile: You are correct in that most universities (including us!) do not require any specific subjects to be studied for criminology. is there any reason you are thinking of switching to a levels next year? Personally though, I joined university at 19 and never found it to be an issue once I got over the initial 'I feel older' but then realising there is much older people starting too!

Out of interest, the switch from film to criminology is a big change, is there anything about criminology which excites you?

- Luke
Original post by The student Dan

Hello, my name is Aimee and I am a third year criminology and criminal behaviour student! :smile:

For criminology at the University of Bradford you do not need any specific A-Levels to get onto the course. However, you do need qualifications such as A-Levels to join the course. I completed a Health and Social Care Level Three Diploma which gained me access onto my degree.

It’s amazing that you have looked at the modules, use this to your advantage to help you decide which uni you would like to study at. However, also attend open days to get a feel for the university also! :smile:

I started university at the age of 21 and I have never felt like my age has stopped me from studying my course. Yes, you are right it could be another year but it will be worth it!

Best of Luck! Aimee :smile: xox

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending