The Student Room Group

how to respond?

should i go out with a guy who adds me on insta and asks to go out for a coffee? i often get messages when i accept someone request that they'd like to go out for a coffee with me but i am not sure how to respond? i dont have friends and like to have a few but at the same time i don't like hanging out with a random guy. btw i am a student living in London.
Reply 1
I would be cautious of putting yourself in a risky situation.

How long have you been speaking to them for? Do they have any mutual friends or friends with anyone you know? If they don’t and it’s a random stranger, I would avoid doing this.

Also where I’m from, ‘going for coffee’ is code for a quick hookup when it comes from a guy. It could be sincere and genuine, but please don’t get yourself into a situation like this with someone you don’t know unless it’s something you are comfortable with 🙏
Reply 2
You have to be very careful tbh, this world is just dangerous and you just never know If the person you are talking to could be a catfish or just a dangerous person.Doesn't matter is you have friends or now, I don't have any but whenever I would go out on a date with a guy I met via tinder (I don't use dating apps any more they are just as bad), I would also take a screenshot of their picture, I'd also send their personal detail such as their mobile number or ig handle to a trusted and close family member of mine, and if I decide to go out and meet them I would send my live location to my close family just incase anything happens. You have to be safe out there regardless on your gender x
Lastly listen to your gut, you mentioned that you are not sure how to respond maybe this is your intuition telling you something, maybe not to go or just warning you, please please listen to your gut x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending