The Student Room Group

How to stop crying after being rejected?

I have a strange relationship with my brothers. We talked a month ago and everything was fine we even made plans. I was in a terrible mood yesterday but I wanted to make someone smile so I texted my brother that “I hoped he had a good day and that I loved him” but he ignored me. I feel so stupid like I embarrassed myself. I’m already depressed and Angry and he made me feel even worse. I give him the perfect Satisfaction to feel like he got the last laugh. I feel so bad about myself. Please help I can’t stop crying?
Reply 1
He either didn’t know how to respond because that’s probably not how you two typically talk to each other, or he’s just an a-hole. I personally don’t understand why you’re brother would have malicious intent though. Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just didn’t know how to respond or it made him uncomfortable to say it back. Not everyone is open like that.

If you do find out he just didn’t care or wanted the last laugh then yeah that’s pretty awful, but that’s a fault with him and not you. You did nothing wrong. You told a family member you loved them and wished them well, if that is how he’s going to deal with the situation then you’re not the clown here. If that is the case then he’s obviously got issues.

Have a good cry, I know that doesn’t sound encouraging but it’s healthy to deal with our emotions instead of ignoring or keeping them in. Let yourself be sad, and maybe when you’re done watch a funny movie or something? Watch your fave YouTubers? Talk to friends or your parents, someone that makes you feel better.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
He either didn’t know how to respond because that’s probably not how you two typically talk to each other, or he’s just an a-hole. I personally don’t understand why you’re brother would have malicious intent though. Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just didn’t know how to respond or it made him uncomfortable to say it back. Not everyone is open like that.

If you do find out he just didn’t care or wanted the last laugh then yeah that’s pretty awful, but that’s a fault with him and not you. You did nothing wrong. You told a family member you loved them and wished them well, if that is how he’s going to deal with the situation then you’re not the clown here. If that is the case then he’s obviously got issues.

Have a good cry, I know that doesn’t sound encouraging but it’s healthy to deal with our emotions instead of ignoring or keeping them in. Let yourself be sad, and maybe when you’re done watch a funny movie or something? Watch your fave YouTubers? Talk to friends or your parents, someone that makes you feel better.

I would tell my mom but ha she doesn’t like them too well because their dad was mean to her. The only reason why I texted him was because it was Father’s Day and I know that his dad died so I was giving him hints that I was there for him! I didn’t think he would ignore me if I did I would of never tried because I’m not a loser who begs people to like me. I was going off the energy we had before he seemed nice we were repairing a lost relationship without my mom since she can’t stand them!
Reply 3
I would tell my mom but ha she doesn’t like them too well because their dad was mean to her. The only reason why I texted him was because it was Father’s Day and I know that his dad died so I was giving him hints that I was there for him! I didn’t think he would ignore me if I did I would of never tried because I’m not a loser who begs people to like me. I was going off the energy we had before he seemed nice we were repairing a lost relationship without my mom since she can’t stand them!

I think give the benefit of the doubt bc you said everything seemed fine he's probably just not knowing how to reply. I think don't be offended, you said a nice thing, sometimes people are just a bit more closed off and don't know how to respond especially if you dont normally say stuff like that, but inside he was probably touched . There's nothing shameful about being sweet and you said you messaged with a good intention so don't feel upset. The important thing is to always be kind so don't feel ashamed of being kind no matter what the other person does, and in this case I'm sure he just didn't know how to respond most likely. Hope you feel better :smile:
I have a strange relationship with my brothers. We talked a month ago and everything was fine we even made plans. I was in a terrible mood yesterday but I wanted to make someone smile so I texted my brother that “I hoped he had a good day and that I loved him” but he ignored me. I feel so stupid like I embarrassed myself. I’m already depressed and Angry and he made me feel even worse. I give him the perfect Satisfaction to feel like he got the last laugh. I feel so bad about myself. Please help I can’t stop crying?

I think you're reading too much into it. He may have not read much into it as in you reaching out but just a pleasant wishing a good day message. Relax and don't take it too seriously. Long term close family relationships endure and don't ride on how one text message is taken. As said rest up and approach it afresh the next day. Find time to meet up and you'll see all is well.
Reply 5

It is very simple.When you are rejected it's fine as what ever you were rejected for or whom ever you were rejected by,is fate.Its mother nature.it simply isn't your fate and is not meant to be.
Reply 6
Original post by Katerina S.
I think you're reading too much into it. He may have not read much into it as in you reaching out but just a pleasant wishing a good day message. Relax and don't take it too seriously. Long term close family relationships endure and don't ride on how one text message is taken. As said rest up and approach it afresh the next day. Find time to meet up and you'll see all is well.

We talked weeks and weeks ago and everything was fine.
How can we meet up now if he won’t respond to my message? Because I’m not gonna keep being the one to reach out! Honesty it’s gonna take me a while to get the strength to reach out again! I’m not gonna be a crybaby bagger. It would be nice to have a relationship with them because life is too short!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending