The Student Room Group

Ex told me I looked good

Bumped into my ex and we've been messaging a bit after. He told me I looked good, how do I respond? I really do miss him.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well why did u guys break up?
Original post by anon.47

yea cuz we dont wanna help u get back together with someone whos not nice
Reply 3
Original post by anon.47

Basically he was going through some personal things, so pulled back and needed some space. We both had never felt so deeply about someone before and admitted that. I really don't know how to respond.
Reply 4
Original post by j3ssica jon3s

lmao frl
Reply 5

Oh no, he's genuinely such a lovely boy. That's what made the break up worse, I couldn't be angry with him cos he was very respectful.
Original post by Anonymous
Basically he was going through some personal things, so pulled back and needed some space. We both had never felt so deeply about someone before and admitted that. I really don't know how to respond.

i mean if thats the case, his compliment probably does show his interest in getting back together too
Reply 7
Oh no, he's genuinely such a lovely boy. That's what made the break up worse, I couldn't be angry with him cos he was very respectful.

if you were the problem and you haven’t changed i’d suggest you leave the boy alone, if you think you’re both in a better place go for it!!
Reply 8
i mean if thats the case, his compliment probably does show his interest in getting back together too

How do I respond to it though?
Reply 9

In a relationship you work through things together. Says a lot that he didn't want your help or support when things got rough; that's lack of trust and communication. What could it be like in future if this is his response to the difficulties?
Reply 10
Original post by anon.47
if you were the problem and you haven’t changed i’d suggest you leave the boy alone, if you think you’re both in a better place go for it!!

I wasn't the problem. I'd like to think we're both in a better place and would love to try again. But I don't know how to respond to him without seeming too available if you know what I mean?
Reply 11
Original post by Surnia
In a relationship you work through things together. Says a lot that he didn't want your help or support when things got rough; that's lack of trust and communication. What could it be like in future if this is his response to the difficulties?

I genuinely think this is something we could learn from and work in the future. As silly as it sounds, this might have been a good thing for us both to truly realise what we want.
Reply 12

So how long were you together and how many times had you met up before he broke it off?
Reply 13
How do I respond to it though?

just say thank you, don’t overdo it, if you overthink it you’ll stress urself out, ask him how things have been, i’m sure it’s been some time since you’ve spoken, ask what he’s been doing for that time, just in case find out if he’s even seeing anyone atm🫣 i’m sure it will go well as long as you act calm and casual
Reply 14
I genuinely think this is something we could learn from and work in the future. As silly as it sounds, this might have been a good thing for us both to truly realise what we want.

honestly yeah people mature at different stages, and we need this process to happen independently , people do change the question is, has that change actually occurred ? you don’t wanna go through all that hurt again. so just find out, take it easy and just ask how things have been, find out if he’s doing better now, ask urself if ur doing better too.
Reply 15
Original post by Surnia
So how long were you together and how many times had you met up before he broke it off?

We were together for a few months, not that long but we spent a lot of time together. I was round at his most days.
Reply 16
Original post by anon.47
just say thank you, don’t overdo it, if you overthink it you’ll stress urself out, ask him how things have been, i’m sure it’s been some time since you’ve spoken, ask what he’s been doing for that time, just in case find out if he’s even seeing anyone atm🫣 i’m sure it will go well as long as you act calm and casual

We've been chatting a bit back and forth, but I can't tell if he's just responding to be nice or actually wants to speak to me. I don't really know how to ask if he's seeing someone, don't think it's the time to do that tbh. Think that would be a later down the line question?
Reply 17
Original post by anon.47
honestly yeah people mature at different stages, and we need this process to happen independently , people do change the question is, has that change actually occurred ? you don’t wanna go through all that hurt again. so just find out, take it easy and just ask how things have been, find out if he’s doing better now, ask urself if ur doing better too.

He seems to be doing well, I think I'm doing better. But I am missing him a lot. Don't know if this conversation with him has just given me false hope for no reason too. Don't want to mug myself off, but could be quite possible. Want to suggest meeting for a catch up but reckon it's too soon for that, need to actually talk a bit more before I suggest anything like that really?
Reply 18
yeah if your goal is to not seem to desperate don’t suggest anything like that atm unless he initiates, even then don’t show that you were waiting for him to say anything about it, stick to your plan about messaging for a bit longer
Reply 19
We've been chatting a bit back and forth, but I can't tell if he's just responding to be nice or actually wants to speak to me. I don't really know how to ask if he's seeing someone, don't think it's the time to do that tbh. Think that would be a later down the line question?

hmm yeah ur right, not gonna lie though what’s making you think that he’s only responding to seem nice in the first place ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending