The Student Room Group

A good friend died

I'm on my way to a funeral of a good friend, former housemate we got along very well with. One of a few guys I could be good friends with, we never had any physical or sexual attraction towards each other, but we always had warm friendly feelings.
We parted when we moved, each to a different place. I moved to another town to a dream household I'm a part of now, he moved to his own place and during the pandemic he opened a delivery company which was pretty successful in his area.
Two days ago he replaced his worker who was sick with the flu to take the night deliveries, that night he had a terrible crush. The police still investigates the incident but it seems like a car tried to snick in on a yellow light before it changes to red and he was just starting to accelerate on his soon to be green light. The speed of the car was so fast the motorcycle was completely destroyed from the impact. The guy arrived at a hospital with a critical condition, the doctors tried to save him for hours but he never made it to the surgery. They weren't able to stabilize him.
I spoke yesterday night with his cousin who told me all that. I couldn't sleep. When I fell asleep I dreamt it was me in that car, just loosing control killing him....
I'm still crying in my heart... We just spoke two weeks ago...
My condolences 🙏
I'm very sorry for your loss

Quick Reply

Latest