The Student Room Group

Worried about s6 workload

For sixth year I am taking, AH computing science, AH Maths, AH physics and H french (having done nat 5 in s4)
My friends say I'm doing way too much and setting myself up for failure and that I'm going to get burned out. Is this too much work? I got an A band 1 in nat 5 french and it comes naturally to me, and I think I'm going to get A's in higher physics, maths, and computing science.
Do you think I'm capable of getting all A's in 6th year with these choices or is it really too much?
Reply 1
That's a reasonable workload given you got As before and you can always drop one subject if you find it too much
Reply 2
Original post by Femaiden
That's a reasonable workload given you got As before and you can always drop one subject if you find it too much

That's great, thanks for your response!
Reply 3
Original post by rosewallsxx
For sixth year I am taking, AH computing science, AH Maths, AH physics and H french (having done nat 5 in s4)
My friends say I'm doing way too much and setting myself up for failure and that I'm going to get burned out. Is this too much work? I got an A band 1 in nat 5 french and it comes naturally to me, and I think I'm going to get A's in higher physics, maths, and computing science.
Do you think I'm capable of getting all A's in 6th year with these choices or is it really too much?

I just finished sixth year and did 3 AH’s (chem, maths, bio) and a crash higher (physics) and it was hard, but not unmanageable! I’ve made it through and I’m sure you’ll be fine. There’s always the option to drop the higher if you’re not managing
Reply 4
Original post by cammy5
I just finished sixth year and did 3 AH’s (chem, maths, bio) and a crash higher (physics) and it was hard, but not unmanageable! I’ve made it through and I’m sure you’ll be fine. There’s always the option to drop the higher if you’re not managing

Ooh that's really impressive, well done and thanks for helping me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending