The Student Room Group

Higher Psychology - what's it like ?

hi everyone, i'm a 4th year student sitting my nat 5's this year in English, Religious Moral and Philosophical Studies, Music, Drama, Music Tech, French and Applications of Maths. I know that next year for my Highers I am not continuing on with Maths and French and taking the other 5 subjects to Higher, but in 6th year we have the option to take other Higher subjects that aren't offered to us before. One I have heard about is Psychology. I was talking to my Mum and we both thought I'd be really good at that, I'm a very reflective person and I love understanding why we have certain thoughts and feelings towards things and such. However I spoke to my friend and she tried to discourage me from taking it in 6th year as it would all be very science based, about the chemicals in your brain and such. is this true ? I am dyscalculic (and I'm not receiving any help from the school.. which is brilliant..) and I had to drop chemistry at the end of 3rd year because i was so terrible at it. However all my other subjects I recieved A's in my prelims for ! except maths, which i got 28% in, which was to be expected.. eek. My strongest subject has always been English, my essay and my t.a recieved full marks and i got 90% overall in my prelim, i'm also especially good at rmps. would I be any good in a psychology higher ? is it what my friend said true ? (btw she is also in my year and has not taken the class herself ). what is the course generally about ? x
I took it at Nat 5 as well as biology and chemistry and its honestly nothing like the other sciences. Its more like social subjects to be honest, if you are good at English you would be good at psychology as it is more essay based answers especially the assignment. We learnt about conformity and sleep and dreams at N5 which I found really interesting. I didn't take it in s5 but I am probably gonna take it in s6.
Original post by tanith bavaird
hi everyone, i'm a 4th year student sitting my nat 5's this year in English, Religious Moral and Philosophical Studies, Music, Drama, Music Tech, French and Applications of Maths. I know that next year for my Highers I am not continuing on with Maths and French and taking the other 5 subjects to Higher, but in 6th year we have the option to take other Higher subjects that aren't offered to us before. One I have heard about is Psychology. I was talking to my Mum and we both thought I'd be really good at that, I'm a very reflective person and I love understanding why we have certain thoughts and feelings towards things and such. However I spoke to my friend and she tried to discourage me from taking it in 6th year as it would all be very science based, about the chemicals in your brain and such. is this true ? I am dyscalculic (and I'm not receiving any help from the school.. which is brilliant..) and I had to drop chemistry at the end of 3rd year because i was so terrible at it. However all my other subjects I recieved A's in my prelims for ! except maths, which i got 28% in, which was to be expected.. eek. My strongest subject has always been English, my essay and my t.a recieved full marks and i got 90% overall in my prelim, i'm also especially good at rmps. would I be any good in a psychology higher ? is it what my friend said true ? (btw she is also in my year and has not taken the class herself ). what is the course generally about ? x

i’m taking it this year and i hate it ngl. it’s so hard to keep on top of the workload and it’s confusing to answer the questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending