The Student Room Group

Suggestions on Sixth form. IB vs A-level.

Hii! I just wanted to ask if anyone is aware of Concord's rules such as will I be asked to leave or transfer to another school if my academic performance doesn't meet the requirements after taking an exam in school? I am probably not as academic as others in the school might be so i'm a little concerned. This leads to another decision which I need to make, and it's choosing between A-level and IB. I am not from the UK, so if I stay here I will most likely be attending an IB school, but if I'm going to the UK, then A-level will be the one for me, I am struggling to decide so if you've got advices on the two systems or types of school in general, please reply to this post if you can. Also, if anyone would like to share their experiences on attending Concord college, feel free to type things down too!
Thanks so much!!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi

Just like to ask is it common for students at concord to get additional tuition for academic subjects outside of school (online lessons)? Specifically for sixth form. Tks
Reply 2
Original post by #sandys.
Hii! I just wanted to ask if anyone is aware of Concord's rules such as will I be asked to leave or transfer to another school if my academic performance doesn't meet the requirements after taking an exam in school? I am probably not as academic as others in the school might be so i'm a little concerned. This leads to another decision which I need to make, and it's choosing between A-level and IB. I am not from the UK, so if I stay here I will most likely be attending an IB school, but if I'm going to the UK, then A-level will be the one for me, I am struggling to decide so if you've got advices on the two systems or types of school in general, please reply to this post if you can. Also, if anyone would like to share their experiences on attending Concord college, feel free to type things down too!
Thanks so much!!

You won't be asked to leave. It might be suggested that you consider it. If you are in a class full of straight A* students who don't appear to be doing much work are you are working as hard as you can and are only getting straight Cs, then it can be rather demoralising - another school could be better for your mental health. BUT, if you are getting relatively low grades and want to stay, they won't kick you out.

The only time they would is when you progress to the next stage, i.e. at the end of GCSEs, but not after AS exams.
Reply 3
Original post by Chua Sharon
Hi

Just like to ask is it common for students at concord to get additional tuition for academic subjects outside of school (online lessons)? Specifically for sixth form. Tks

Some no doubt do, but there are soooo many opportunities to get 1:1 help I hope it is rather rare.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending