The Student Room Group

is there an assessment or grading for the T level work placement

im just trying to prove a point that it's solely for experience in work environments because my parents are so convinced theres gotta be an assessment because they live under a rock so they're 'making it out so that i have to be really hardworking and they're gonna be strict', there will be final review sessions from what ive seen on northern skills group but that doesnt sound like an exam, more like a discussion i assume.
Reply 1
Original post by brickwallgoesbrr
im just trying to prove a point that it's solely for experience in work environments because my parents are so convinced theres gotta be an assessment because they live under a rock so they're 'making it out so that i have to be really hardworking and they're gonna be strict', there will be final review sessions from what ive seen on northern skills group but that doesnt sound like an exam, more like a discussion i assume.

Hiya, I'm in year 2 of a T-level health course and you're mostly right with that. The final exam in the second year is a "professional discussion" which is basically a reflection-interview based off your experience in work placement - it will consist of a couple of topics surrounding different scenarios and will largely be similar to the "tell me about a time when..." format. I find for this exam you'll get the best marks for actually saying you did something wrong or at least could have done it better so placements should in no way shape or form be harsh and expect you to do everything right (you're a student at the end of the day). Similarly, in the exam you could also talk about something someone else did - that you witnessed - so you don't even need to always be involved. That being said, I would say to try and get involved in as much as possible and also keeping some sort of log of what you've seen/done (as you can take these notes into the exam and you have some prep time). I also find placements do offer jobs sometimes to students after they finish their placements so if your interested, then definitely be a bit more proactive then you would have been otherwise. But in summary, placements are mostly for your own experience and you can choose how much you want to see and be involved in.
hope that helps
I also am aware that this was posted 8 months ago but can be used by others who are curious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending