The Student Room Group

Does anyone else feel like they've failed even when they were on A and A* grades?

So I did all the Paper 2 pysch past papers and got A* in them all. Yet in the exam I felt like I did really bad and that I didn't even get an A. I don't know if it's my mind bringing me down with self esteem issues. How do I not give up and continue revising for the next exams?
Reply 1
In virtually every single exam you will feel as though you are doing worse but that is probably because of the amount of pressure that is being placed on the exams. On results day, virtually all my friends who thought they did badly ended up doing sooo much better because you always tend to overthink every aspect of the exam. Try not to worry now and focus instead on the long summer coming up rather than results day.
Reply 2
Original post by Nighthawk01
So I did all the Paper 2 pysch past papers and got A* in them all. Yet in the exam I felt like I did really bad and that I didn't even get an A. I don't know if it's my mind bringing me down with self esteem issues. How do I not give up and continue revising for the next exams?

Heya!
It's common to feel uncertain about your performance after an exam, but remember that your practice papers indicate your capability. Don't let self-esteem issues discourage you from continuing to revise. Stay focused, trust your preparation, and use the experience as motivation to improve in future exams.:h:

Good luck!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 3
Me too, same subject. I did last years papers as mocks and got a high A* on both paper 1 and 2 but I'm PRAYING I get an A in the real ones. I already know at least 3 things I messed up big time for a pretty significant mark loss.

You're definitely not alone, for today I am focusing on subjects other than psych which helps to forget about it a bit. Almost everyone I have spoken to has left paper 3 revision until now so this final paper is a great chance to boost you as much as possible. Wish you the best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest