The Student Room Group

contingency day

can some please whether or not i have to stay in the UK( even after all my exam have been done) for the contingency day.....
this is because i have planned a trip to abroad.
Original post by Krish_k
can some please whether or not i have to stay in the UK( even after all my exam have been done) for the contingency day.....

If all your exams are over, then there would be no need to stay in the UK. However, if your any of your exams have to be rescheduled (because of some national incident) and are moved to a contingency day, then you'd need to choose between taking that exam (or those exams) and taking your trip.
Officially you're supposed to keep yourself available that day in case there's some national incident. Realistically the chances of that happening are ridiculously slim (but never zero).
It's really your call.
I took my kids to Turkey last year over contingency day. We took the risk.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
If all your exams are over, then there would be no need to stay in the UK. However, if your any of your exams have to be rescheduled (because of some national incident) and are moved to a contingency day, then you'd need to choose between taking that exam (or those exams) and taking your trip.

thank you very much
Reply 4
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Officially you're supposed to keep yourself available that day in case there's some national incident. Realistically the chances of that happening are ridiculously slim (but never zero).
It's really your call.
I took my kids to Turkey last year over contingency day. We took the risk.

thank you
Reply 5
Original post by Krish_k

Why did you plan to be away for this day? Schools flag up its importance ....

If your exams are all done then you've got away with it

Quick Reply

Latest