The Student Room Group

Time management and strategies - exam period

What are your best time management and study strategies during the exam period?
Original post by jan341234
What are your best time management and study strategies during the exam period?

Hey there 😀

The first essential step in my exam preparation is to create a schedule, ensuring I stay on track and have contingency time for unexpected delays. To establish this schedule, I begin by familiarising myself with the exam content. Once I identify the topics to cover, I organise them into weeks or days, considering the exam's size and the time available. It is crucial to be realistic, accounting for relaxation time and other responsibilities, such as work. Crafting a manageable and achievable schedule has proven to be a key to my successful exam preparation.

Selecting a study technique is a personal choice, as everyone learns differently. It is beneficial to experiment with various methods to find what works best for you. Personally, I start by creating notes based on the textbook, lecture PowerPoint, or both. The act of writing enhances the learning process by deepening my understanding through rewriting and rephrasing. After creating the notes, I review them to reinforce retention and emphasise key points.

Additionally, I incorporate active learning, such as online quizzes, solving past papers, or engaging with mock tasks. Another effective strategy is generating a set of questions based on the material and then answering them. This comprehensive learning approach significantly boosts my memory and ensures better retention of information.

I hope it was helpful 💪 Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 😉 You can also chat with me or other students directly through The Ambassador Platform.

Best of luck with your exams,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending