The Student Room Group

Is this considered to be stalking?

I recently followed a girl I knew from uni (we all finished last year) on Instagram. We weren't great friends to be honest, more like acquaintances, but I was pretty sure she had a crush on me. I really really liked her but at the time I was dating someone else which has now ended. She hasn't blocked me or anything but she hasn't followed me back. If she had followed me back I would have messaged her but this has made me uncertain. Also I have had so many rejections messaging girls I don't like doing it anymore. From her photos it is clear the part of London that she lives in (it's about half an hour on the tube from me) so at the weekend I went and sat outside at a cafe in that area for an hour hoping to maybe see her. I didn't see her and went home. I told my housemate and he said I was a massive stalker that needed help. I mean is that really true. I feel awful about this to be honest.
Assuming you did it once I wouldn't consider that to be proper full on stalking but it is pretty weird ngl....going to someone's area just hoping to see them. I mean, if you had seen her what was your plan, to just pretend you were in the area coincidentally? She probably wouldn't have believed that and could have been freaked out. Just don't do that again.
Reply 2
It’s not repeated and clearly unwanted so I would say it falls a good way short of stalking. I imagine its not uncommon to go somewhere where you might see a love interest. This said it is a bit questionable with an acquaintance to plan to randomly pop up like this. If she had seen you she might have put two and two together with the Instagram and been concerned. No harm done, just learn from it
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I recently followed a girl I knew from uni (we all finished last year) on Instagram. We weren't great friends to be honest, more like acquaintances, but I was pretty sure she had a crush on me. I really really liked her but at the time I was dating someone else which has now ended. She hasn't blocked me or anything but she hasn't followed me back. If she had followed me back I would have messaged her but this has made me uncertain. Also I have had so many rejections messaging girls I don't like doing it anymore. From her photos it is clear the part of London that she lives in (it's about half an hour on the tube from me) so at the weekend I went and sat outside at a cafe in that area for an hour hoping to maybe see her. I didn't see her and went home. I told my housemate and he said I was a massive stalker that needed help. I mean is that really true. I feel awful about this to be honest.

Let me tell you a little something.

Live to fight another goddamn day.:smile:

If you only did it once, then fine. Just do not do it again. Besides, in my experience, I know people will use one small wrong thing to drag you through the mud. No one wins, only you lose. Do not let it happen again. Keep it easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending