The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Park View vs Park Terrace accommodation?

Currently filling out my application for accommodation at Newcastle, applied for Computer Science, and I'm stuck on what would be best for me to put as my first choice for accommodation out of these 2.
I can see that both of these are quite close to each other and close to campus and the city centre, so information on how sociable it is would probably be the best.
Park View is leaning my interests the most but I'm not too sure, at the end of the day I'll be fine with either though.
Original post by qqq123
Currently filling out my application for accommodation at Newcastle, applied for Computer Science, and I'm stuck on what would be best for me to put as my first choice for accommodation out of these 2.
I can see that both of these are quite close to each other and close to campus and the city centre, so information on how sociable it is would probably be the best.
Park View is leaning my interests the most but I'm not too sure, at the end of the day I'll be fine with either though.

Hello,
Both accommodations are great places to live. I would say that Park View is typically more social than Park Terrace however, this should be caveated by the reality that all accommodations are as social as you make them. For example one flat in Park View could be very sociable whereas another one may be much less so. Therefore, I can make estimations of averages based on my own experience of the two.

Other things which may be noteworthy are that Park View is in a much denser populated student area. I do also find the flats in Park View are slightly more formulaic, i.e. the layout of most of them are very similar. Whereas, in Park Terrace the room layouts are slightly more variable.

I do hope this provides a little more context and you are totally correct in your statement that you will be fine either way, regardless of which accommodation you choose.

Olly :smile:
(Newcastle University Graduate and Member of the Outreach Team)
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending