The Student Room Group

Recurring problem

My Chemistry teacher really seems to dislike me for some reason, I do very well in all assessments, contribute when I can, practically never talk during lessons and have never been rude to them, and yet they think i’m a bad student. I suspect it’s the fact that I speak rather quietly in class and kind of think for a while and carefully before I give contributions when asked but when I try and be a bit more loud then they find it a bit strange. What annoys me the most is the fact that there are two girls at the back of the class who constantly talk and yet the teacher does nothing about it and recognises their attainment more than mine and kind of views them in a more positive light than me. I’m stuck with this teacher for another year, any advice or ideas as I really want them to see my full potential and see me in a positive light but i’ve just been really confused as to why they dislike me over other students.
(edited 11 months ago)
You can try to appeal this with your head of year - with a good enough reason and a clean record you may be able to move classes.

If not, you may have to deal with it for a year because trust me I've had the same, and being a Year 10 and knowing you need to deal with it for another year isn't exactly the most optimistically inducing thing - but it's inexorable.

Good luck mate :beer:
Original post by honeybadger212
My Chemistry teacher really seems to dislike me for some reason, I do very well in all assessments, contribute when I can, practically never talk during lessons and have never been rude to them, and yet they think i’m a bad student. I suspect it’s the fact that I speak rather quietly in class and kind of think for a while and carefully before I give contributions when asked but when I try and be a bit more loud then they find it a bit strange. What annoys me the most is the fact that there are two girls at the back of the class who constantly talk and yet the teacher does nothing about it and recognises their attainment more than mine and kind of views them in a more positive light than me. I’m stuck with this teacher for another year, any advice or ideas as I really want them to see my full potential and see me in a positive light but i’ve just been really confused as to why they dislike me over other students.

You could try speaking to the teacher after class, if you feel you are able to.
If you dont feel able to (or you do speak to them and get no where) then it may be worth speaking to your head of year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending