The Student Room Group

What type of activities happen at NCS?

Hi,
I'm (maybe) going to do NCS ('live it') what kind of activities will there be? And are they optional or do you have to do all the activities?
Reply 1
So I did it during one of the covid years so we didnt have the residential week, but I can still tell you some of what we did :smile: In the first week we had some more educational activities like a first aid course and some performance related workshops (meant to put you out of your comfort zone). We also had a few talks from speakers they'd brought in about various topics and other discussions on things like EDI. Then we had other fun things such as going on an obstacle course and playing some games like cricket. I remember another thing we did was design a business and pitch it to the others which was quite cool (obviously it was brief as we only had 1 hour for this). Then on our second week for the volunteering all the groups pitch for different opportunities, but we were painting and gardening in a hospital (which was a great opportunity to help out!). I don't remember the activities being compulsory but they definitely encourage you to get involved as that way you gain more, but of course if you are uncomfortable or anything you can just let them know and its fine. It was definitely really fun though and would recommend!
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending