The Student Room Group

NCS by myself

Hi,
I was hoping to do NCS with my friend, but we've been put on different dates so we probably won't be able to do it together. I was relying on my friend going with me as it makes my anxiety a lot easier to deal with if I'm with someone I know. I find it really hard to go up and talk to new people, and I get anxious about lots of things. I don't know if I should do it or not.
Reply 1
I think if you just email NCS and explain the situation to them, they can help. They seem to be quite accommodating, especially when mental health is involved, so they will hopefully be able to move you two to the same date so you can be together. But if they can't do so, I think it would still be a great experience, it may help you realise some social situation aren't as bad as you thought they would be and you could make new friends also.
Reply 2
I think you should still do it anyway! :smile: The user above had a good idea of emailing them. But when I did it lots of people didn't know anyone else but we all become friends. People were friendly and encouraged others to join in and the activities you do makes it a lot easier to start conversations! I also used to be like you but I think NCS helped me in social situations so I would recommend it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending