The Student Room Group

Awaiting Dissertation results - can you give your dissertation experiences?

Hi,
I am currently awaiting my final year project results at leeds uni, and have been so worried! Does anyone else feel the same waiting for their dissertation results? How did everyone do if they have already received theirs? need something to make me less stressed ! I do English lit by the way
Hey there!

Firstly, I studied biomed so must be a very different experience hehe.

Tbh, I felt super scared but I found myself easy to get carried away with different things, especially since I had exams around the corner and my focus was there.
I will be honest and say that I don't think I gave it my ALL, but I just made sure to do what I had to do with reasonable time in hand and a support network to help me study more effectively.

I ended up somehow getting a first in my disso and one of the highest out of the 6 of us under our supervisor.

All i will say is - MANIFEST! Acknowledge the work you did and BREATHE - tell yourself you did amazing. Focus on your other priorities right now. What i do is tell myself - it is not the be all and end all.
I actually didn't do well in my A-levels and couldn't get into my dream uni so I talk from a place of extreme academic heartbreak and experience but things get better. It's all about the mindset.

Stay positive! and hopefully when you get that grade, it will be a very bright and golden one!

If not, who says success is defined by a grade:wink:

Good luck, you got this!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I am currently awaiting my final year project results at leeds uni, and have been so worried! Does anyone else feel the same waiting for their dissertation results? How did everyone do if they have already received theirs? need something to make me less stressed ! I do English lit by the way

Hey Anon! I loved working on my dissertation (I studied Marketing with French) because I *loved* the topic I wrote it on, but can totally relate to feeling the stress once it was submitted. It's such a big piece of work that you put so much effort in to and it felt really scary for all of that to be out of my hands. You're definitely not the only one feeling this way.

I'd 100% echo what @sunshine1541 has said here - make the time to appreciate all the effort you've put in! You should be so proud of all your hard work and commitment to getting your project over the line :hugs:It's all out of your control now and you've done your best which is all that can be asked of you!!

Did you also have exams in your final year? How do you feel they went?

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending