The Student Room Group

Failing Dissertation

I am an international student studying at the University of Portsmouth. I have successfully completed all of my modules except for my Research Project (Dissertation), which I received a referral for. I obtained 34 marks, but I needed 40 marks to pass. I am currently awaiting the final results and awards.

I would like to know what options are available to me and what would be the most suitable course of action moving forward. Should I apply for the Post-Study Work (PSW) visa despite having a failed module? Is it possible to graduate even if I fail my dissertation?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am an international student studying at the University of Portsmouth. I have successfully completed all of my modules except for my Research Project (Dissertation), which I received a referral for. I obtained 34 marks, but I needed 40 marks to pass. I am currently awaiting the final results and awards.

I would like to know what options are available to me and what would be the most suitable course of action moving forward. Should I apply for the Post-Study Work (PSW) visa despite having a failed module? Is it possible to graduate even if I fail my dissertation?

I'm there too. Have you asked the Stud, Union?. Above everything ive found them quite useful- especially regarding University processes. IMO this should be a simple answer from any University- after all it must happen regularly- ergo they should have answers / continguences in place for students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending