The Student Room Group

I Fancy My Uni Lecturer

I'm never going to tell them that I have a crush on them, I already know it's inappropriate and I doubt it will transpire into anything else, but it is so annoying when this happens to me.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm never going to tell them that I have a crush on them, I already know it's inappropriate and I doubt it will transpire into anything else, but it is so annoying when this happens to me.

The way that's phrased suggests that this has happened more that once - i.e. with more than one lecturer.

You never know why nor try it and see what happens
Reply 3
Original post by Alicia stars

What happens is he could lose his job and she could be sanctioned. It's inappropriate for many reasons, not least for an authority figure and accusations of favouritism.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
The way that's phrased suggests that this has happened more that once - i.e. with more than one lecturer.

It was poorly phrased I agree, normally I randomly crush on people, but this isn't exclusive to any of my university lecturers, I'm also talking about people my own age etc, normally even if I crush on people, I don't really say anything, I'm just like, "They are good looking" and move past. It's not a fetish or anything, I just acknowledge they are good looking or kind, but I never say that to anyone, especially people my age. I don't want to tell anyone that I like them to avoid them being uncomfortable, ruining the friendship, it being inappropriate or unprofessional.

I don't really have crushes on my lecturers, I had only like one or two crushes on my university lecturers, one crush I simply don't care about anymore, because my crushes on people normally die out, after a period of time, which is a good thing, I eventually just don't care anymore.
Reply 5

This is highly inappropriate advice, nobody should encourage students to be in relationships, with their teachers, no matter what. This was not the advice I wanted or expected to hear, if anything, all I ever wanted to do was open up about my feelings.
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
What happens is he could lose his job and she could be sanctioned. It's inappropriate for many reasons, not least for an authority figure and accusations of favouritism.

I am hope you realise that I do not want a romantic relationship with anyone, especially someone that is my teacher. Also, how do you know if I am girl or not? I could be a boy or a girl, I could be anyone. How do you know the teacher is a man or woman? These are not important questions, it doesn't matter who it is, they are teacher, it is inappropriate.

The person in question is my teacher, it doesn't matter how good looking they are or how kind they are, I would never want to have any type of relationship, with a teacher, not only this, but they are married and there's a 15 year age gap between us.

I hope people know that I don't believe in love, so I definitely wouldn't be getting into a relationship with anyone, since I'm so cynical. I just think people are good looking and move past, that's probably the best advice for myself, to move past, you don't do nothing or say anything, you just move past and go about your day.
I am hope you realise that I do not want a romantic relationship with anyone, especially someone that is my teacher. Also, how do you know if I am girl or not? I could be a boy or a girl, I could be anyone. How do you know the teacher is a man or woman? These are not important questions, it doesn't matter who it is, they are teacher, it is inappropriate.

The person in question is my teacher, it doesn't matter how good looking they are or how kind they are, I would never want to have any type of relationship, with a teacher, not only this, but they are married and there's a 15 year age gap between us.

I hope people know that I don't believe in love, so I definitely wouldn't be getting into a relationship with anyone, since I'm so cynical. I just think people are good looking and move past, that's probably the best advice for myself, to move past, you don't do nothing or say anything, you just move past and go about your day.

So you non binary then
Reply 8
So you non binary then

Absolutely not! You have the world's dumbest takes. I am not non-binary. Are you a child? It seems like you are with these inappropriate responses.
Absolutely not! You have the world's dumbest takes. I am not non-binary. Are you a child? It seems like you are with these inappropriate responses.

You seem to get triggered and offended very easily
Reply 10
You seem to get triggered and offended very easily

If you give good advice and not assume my gender, then I wouldn't be so triggered or offended.
Reply 11
Original post by Eve rnb
You seem really rude

Alicia, is this a new account you made?

It's not rude, she was trying to encourage me to pursue a relationship, with my university lecturer, which is bad advice, since there are repercussions for student and teacher relationships.

It seems like you don't know the difference between criticism and being rude, Eva. I was right to say what needed to be said.
Alicia, is this a new account you made?

It's not rude, she was trying to encourage me to pursue a relationship, with my university lecturer, which is bad advice, since there are repercussions for student and teacher relationships.

It seems like you don't know the difference between criticism and being rude, Eva. I was right to say what needed to be said.

I don't know who Alice is but you just seem such an angry person
Reply 13
Original post by Eve rnb
I don't know who Alice is but you just seem such an angry person

Original post by Eve rnb
You seem really rude

You can't just say I am something and not explain why. I have explained and defended my actions, even if you still don't agree with what I'm doing. However, you're just attacking my character and not even contributing to the conversation, not only this, but it is not relevant to my original post. I have also seen your others posts on your own profile, which illustrates that you have been rude to other TSR users on this site, but you'll still point fingers at me. I find it odd how you made your TSR account yesterday as well, considering Alicia's account was banned yesterday.
You can't just say I am something and not explain why. I have explained and defended my actions, even if you still don't agree with what I'm doing. However, you're just attacking my character and not even contributing to the conversation, not only this, but it is not relevant to my original post. I have also seen your others posts on your own profile, which illustrates that you have been rude to other TSR users on this site, but you'll still point fingers at me. I find it odd how you made your TSR account yesterday as well, considering Alicia's account was banned yesterday.

You can't handle the truth girl

Yolo right?
I mean yolo, right
Reply 17
Original post by username6220973
You can't handle the truth girl

What's truth? The truth is thaf it's wrong to pursue a university lecturer and anyone who says otherwise is wrong, this is general consensus. What was wrong with what I said? It's so annoying to see people say "I'm this or that" and not explain themselves, if you really believe in what you say, then explain it, that's all I asked (many times.)
Reply 18
Yolo right?

A student pursuing a teacher isn't worth, no matter what, regardless, I don't think a student wouldn't be making the 1st move, anyways.
A student pursuing a teacher isn't worth, no matter what, regardless, I don't think a student wouldn't be making the 1st move, anyways.

you're right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending