The Student Room Group

Applying for Masters with 3rd degree diploma

I am graduating this year. I am studying interior design. I want to apply for a master's in September. However, I will get a 3rd-degree diploma. The requirement for all Masters in my field (my current uni as well) is a minimum of 2:2.
I read online that there is no such thing as clearing for postgraduate courses. Do you think it is possible that they can still accept me with a 3rd degree undergrad diploma? Please let me know
Original post by user6693
I am graduating this year. I am studying interior design. I want to apply for a master's in September. However, I will get a 3rd-degree diploma. The requirement for all Masters in my field (my current uni as well) is a minimum of 2:2.
I read online that there is no such thing as clearing for postgraduate courses. Do you think it is possible that they can still accept me with a 3rd degree undergrad diploma? Please let me know

It's going to be difficult. If they are asking for a 2:2 as a minimum, then they will generally stick to that requirement unless they state that they consider relevant work experience.

Your best bet is to email postgraduate admissions teams and ask if you would even be considered.

Another aspect to consider is why you underperformed at undergrad. Masters is an intense period of study so you need to have resolved whatever issues occurred before, otherwise you will not get the most out of a costly postgrad course.
Reply 2
The requirement includes relevant experience.

The reason is that when you fail a submission and you resubmit you are capped at 40% which happened to me in my 2nd year and I was not aware that I will be capped until the grades came out...
The requirement includes relevant experience.

If the requirement is for work experience and a 2:2 then realistically you are going to struggle to find anywhere that will consider you.

As above, your best bet is to contact possible choices with a copy of your full transcript and hope that the rest of your grades are strong enough that they can see that the capped grade(s) were an outlier.
Reply 4
either relevant experience or a 2:2, sorry i was not clear
either relevant experience or a 2:2, sorry i was not clear

Not a problem. I would still send a copy of your full transcript ahead of any application, best case they can see it was a limited number of modules that affected your overall result.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending