The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Mixed Gender or Single Gender Accomodation

i have received my accommodation offer but it doesnt say anywhere if the flat will be single or mix gendered because i chose single gendered but idk if they granted that request
Original post by aleezayy
i have received my accommodation offer but it doesnt say anywhere if the flat will be single or mix gendered because i chose single gendered but idk if they granted that request

Hey!
I understand the importance of having clarity regarding your accommodation preferences. The accommodation office at University of Southampton usually takes student requests into consideration while allocating accommodations. They strive to meet students' preferences to the best of their abilities. However, I understand that it can be concerning if the offer letter does not explicitly state whether the flat will be single or mixed-gendered.

To alleviate any doubts or concerns, I recommend contacting the accommodation office directly. You can reach out to them at [email protected]. Kindly explain your situation and mention that you initially requested single-gendered accommodation. They will be able to provide you with accurate information regarding the status of your request and clarify any uncertainties you may have.

Remember, it's always better to confirm the details before accepting the accommodation offer to ensure that it aligns with your preferences and requirements. The accommodation office will be the most reliable source of information in this matter. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with your accommodation arrangements. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
(edited 10 months ago)
On campus at the University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
thanks. i'll email them and ask now

Quick Reply