The Student Room Group

If offered AAA and get A*A*B, can you appeal your offer?

This is just wishful thinking on my behalf, but I'm hoping to go to a uni that has offered me AAA for History. However, I've been predicted A*A*B. In the rare chance I do achieve 2 A*s, would my uni still accept me, or would I have to go through clearing? Even if I go through clearing, will they let me in?
Original post by Dippy4Journalism
This is just wishful thinking on my behalf, but I'm hoping to go to a uni that has offered me AAA for History. However, I've been predicted A*A*B. In the rare chance I do achieve 2 A*s, would my uni still accept me, or would I have to go through clearing? Even if I go through clearing, will they let me in?

How hard do u work for those grades?
They might if there are still spaces on the course after all students who met the offer are accepted.
But if they don't, you can't appeal it, its their choice.
Original post by propergoodman
How hard do u work for those grades?

I'd like to think I've been working pretty hard for them. I've been especially focusing on boosting the B to an A but right now I'm just worrying that my teacher will be right
Original post by totallyfine
They might if there are still spaces on the course after all students who met the offer are accepted.
But if they don't, you can't appeal it, its their choice.

Yeesh that's harsh. But I get that that's reality
Reply 5

which university are you considering?
Yeesh that's harsh. But I get that that's reality

Yes, but it does really depend on the University.
Reply 7
Once the Uni has accepted all those who did meet their offer, they will then look at any 'near miss' to fill any spaces.
There are no guarantees, all you can do is do your best in your exams, abd keep your fingers crossed. And, no, you can't 'appeal' if you miss your offer and they dont accept you - that's what your Insurance choice is for.

What Happens on Results Day - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/results/a-level/guide-to-a-level-results-day
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by greenamy2
which university are you considering?

Kings College London for History. My insurance is Queen Mary with ABB and tbh I'm cool with going there but I was just wondering about the possibilities of trying again for Kings if I do get A*A*B (Once again wishful thinking)
Kings College London for History. My insurance is Queen Mary with ABB and tbh I'm cool with going there but I was just wondering about the possibilities of trying again for Kings if I do get A*A*B (Once again wishful thinking)

For tha past few years, King's have used history for "alternative offers" for applicants they rejected for IR, politics etc. That suggests to me that they might well have room for you as a near miss in the circumstances you describe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending