The Student Room Group

Would it possible to still have a chance to get into Cambridge with predicted grades?

So, I am in Year 12, striving to get into Computer Science in Cambridge University.

Recently, I had received my predicted grades which are A* A A, but I am worried that since the entry requirements are A* A* A, I would not be able to have a chance to get into the university.

Would it still possible if I end up achieving A*A* A after doing my A-levels?
No, they look at predicted grades unless you've actually achieved the a levels and done the exams. They have so many applicants that they will discount anyone without the right grades. Could you persuade a teacher to give you another a*?
Reply 2
Original post by mellow2006
So, I am in Year 12, striving to get into Computer Science in Cambridge University.

Recently, I had received my predicted grades which are A* A A, but I am worried that since the entry requirements are A* A* A, I would not be able to have a chance to get into the university.

As Emmmaaaa says, if your predictions don't meet the basic requirements for the course then you won't be given an offer. If you can't persuade your teacher to predict A*A*A, then your only option would be to take the A levels and then apply as a post-A-level candidate if you achieve A*A*A in the actual exams, but this would mean delaying your university education by a year.
Reply 3
Original post by mellow2006

Are you taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending