The Student Room Group

Budget uni laptop

I know there’s a lot of posts about laptops but I’m so clueless. I want a budget laptop for uni preferably under £300 with windows if possible . I’m looking for a long battery life and plenty of storage. Im not a fan of tiny screens like 10”. I’ve seen the Lenovo idea pad but heard after a couple years it starts to run sluggish which I will need this laptop to last as long as possible as training to become a teacher.
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi what matters with your laptop is the spec [i.e. good hard disk size [at least 500GB], RAM capacity [min 8 GB], reasonably good graphics card, quite fast CPU [perhaps not the very latest ones to save money, but can still be equally good e.g. an i5 quad core one of perhaps 5th or 6th generation]. If your budget is tight, I would search for the specs above rather than concentrate too much on the make or model. In fact, if you go for a good refurbished machine from a firm with great feedback online, you can pick up a super bargain with slightly older tech, which would serve your purpose just as adequately as going for a brand new machine with a "renowned" name.

Some sellers will throw in MS Office and/or some other apps into the package [they purchase multiple licenses in bulk so can afford it] - try and get Office 2013 or later. If you are planning to become a teacher, MS Powerpoint and/or Adobe Illustrator might come in handy.

If the laptop starts slowing down after a couple of years, t is quite easy to just add some RAM to quickly and cheaply speed it up. Most unis will have a tech help desk, where you can obtain advice and help.

Best wishes!

M
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi,

I understand your budget laptop search for university, and I have a great recommendation for you. Check out the Lenovo ThinkPad T14s available at Laptop Outlet. It's a reliable option with a 14-inch screen, Windows OS, excellent battery life, and it's known for its durability. Plus, it falls within your budget. Lenovo ThinkPads are renowned for their longevity, making them an ideal choice for your future teaching career.

I suggest you head over to Laptop Outlet and see if they have any current deals on the Lenovo ThinkPad T14s. It could be a solid investment for your university and teaching journey.

Best of luck! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending