The Student Room Group

no response from university after sending portfolio

Hi everyone! I was just wondering whether you thought that this was normal?
So one month ago, I sent my online photography portfolio off to one of the universities that I applied for, and they still haven't got back to me about it. I sent them an email last week to confirm that they had received my portfolio, and I was told that they had received it but the process was taking longer than they thought. Which is fair enough... but the rest of the universities that I applied for offered me a place less than a week after I sent them my portfolio. I don't know whether I am getting too annoyed about it, but I find it strange that it is taking them over a month to decide whether or not I will have an interview/offer? I cannot make my firm choice until I receive all decisions, so it is a bit frustrating! What are everyone else's thoughts on this?
Original post by pinkypen
So one month ago, I sent my online photography portfolio off to one of the universities that I applied for, and they still haven't got back to me about it. I sent them an email last week to confirm that they had received my portfolio, and I was told that they had received it but the process was taking longer than they thought. Which is fair enough... but the rest of the universities that I applied for offered me a place less than a week after I sent them my portfolio. I don't know whether I am getting too annoyed about it, but I find it strange that it is taking them over a month to decide whether or not I will have an interview/offer? I cannot make my firm choice until I receive all decisions, so it is a bit frustrating! What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

Hi! I can see why that is really frustrating, I remember waiting nervously for all the university replies to come through back in sixth form! Unfortunately I don't have an explanation as to why they might take a month in comparison to other unis - there may be a lot of factors at hand behind the scenes. I would say though, that the official deadline for universities to come back to UCAS with a decision is the 16th May (so its quite a long time universities can reply to you until!) The deadline for you to reply would be the 6th of June. If making a firm decision ASAP was a worry for you, don't worry - you'll have loads of time to make a decision :smile:

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by pinkypen
If you know you want to accept an offer you already have, then you can withdraw from the uni you are waiting on. But if you want to know if they'll make you an offer then you'll have to wait.

Quick Reply

Latest