The Student Room Group

dental hygiene/therapy

ive seen a lot of people online that have done an access course for hygiene and im wondering what is it and should i do the same? im in year 13 doing biology, chemistry and maths. ive only started researching dental hygiene as i was orginally interested in dentistry then i shadowed a hygienist and it changed my perspective lol
Original post by jennaa21
ive seen a lot of people online that have done an access course for hygiene and im wondering what is it and should i do the same? im in year 13 doing biology, chemistry and maths. ive only started researching dental hygiene as i was orginally interested in dentistry then i shadowed a hygienist and it changed my perspective lol

Hey @jennaa21 👋

Access courses are for mature students, so they usually only accept students above 21 years old. You may see a lot of posts about access courses and dental hygiene as a lot of the applicants for dental hygiene degrees are mature students who have some work experience but might have been out of education for a while. The access course is useful to get their UCAS points for applying to uni as it is a very competitive degree

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

Quick Reply

Latest