The Student Room Group

Distance learning centre access to Paramedicine

I’m interested in signing up the next week for acces to Paramedicine and wanting advice about the course and process to uni im interested as I haven’t done distance learning I am currently preparing to sit my functional skills level 2 maths independentally and there isn’t many access courses I can attend without it being online and the other Paramedicine online course is only partime and wouldn’t be able to to complete by next September as I’m hoping to complete so I can start uni the next September ?
Original post by EllieD13.
I’m interested in signing up the next week for acces to Paramedicine and wanting advice about the course and process to uni im interested as I haven’t done distance learning I am currently preparing to sit my functional skills level 2 maths independentally and there isn’t many access courses I can attend without it being online and the other Paramedicine online course is only partime and wouldn’t be able to to complete by next September as I’m hoping to complete so I can start uni the next September ?

As far as I know, paramedic science degrees don't require specific level 3 subjects, so you could do Access in any subject and still get in if you get the grades (you should check the entry requirements for the specific degree though, assuming the uni accepts Access). You would need to check the English language and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) entry requirements as well.

In terms of application, you would need to do a UCAS application, and you generally need to complete this by January for the following September's enrollment. I would also recommend volunteering at your local hospital to get some experience where possible to support your application via personal statement.

If you do an Access course, you should be guided through the UCAS application as part of your course material (it's what the course is designed for).

I do not understand why you would want to sit your functional skills independently when you can do it for free at your local adult college.

If you do an online Access course, most are usually flexible with when you can finish your course. Some have a window of 6 months and 24 months from the time you start your course. If you want to finish it earlier, you can do.

If you do an offline Access course, they usually finish within a year, so you would definitely be able to do it by next September, provided you are already enrolled now. Offline Access courses are usually available through your local adult college. If the courses at your local college have already started, I would try to negotiate and ask the course directors whether there is a chance for a last minute application, as they usually just go through the ungraded material at this time of the year.

If you want to look for a suitable Access course, I would recommend using: https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/course-search

The first thing I would do is to check the entry requirements of the paramedic science degrees that you want to do first and whether you actually need an Access course specifically in Paramedic Medicine (I'm confident that you don't).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending